AEROSPACE SUPPLIER REQUIREMENTS
Purpose: to provide additional emphasis on certain quality management system requirements pertaining to suppliers of raw materials, parts or processing services for aerospace applications.
- Not deviate from control plan requirements, material specifications/designated sources or manufacturing processes employed at the time of initial part approval without Aztec Plastic’s approval.
- Maintain accountability for all products, including: revision status of all parts/components, traceability to date of manufacture and material used, and specific records of nonconforming product disposition completion.
- Maintain positive physical control and identification of nonconforming product designated as scrap until physically destroyed.
- Not apply a “use as is” disposition to nonconforming product without written approval from Aztec Plastic.
- Report to Aztec Plastic, on the same day of discovery, any situations where it is discovered after-the-fact that nonconforming product was inadvertently shipped.
- Prevent the use of counterfeit parts
- Apply nonconforming product controls to product with shelf-lives, consistent with those or, as a default, to such product more than 1 year old.
- Retain inspection records with traceability to the specific related product for a minimum of 10 years after the date of manufacture.
- Provide a legible copy of actual inspection results with each shipment if requested.
- Ensure stock rotation
- Inform Aztec Plastic prior to acceptance of any order for a new or existing part of any gaps in the information provided by Aztec Plastic that could result in the supplier producing any product or failing to meet any other requirements expected by/defined by Aztec Plastic
- Accurately and completely communicate in writing all pertinent Aztec Plastic requirements to sub-suppliers, including key characteristics, critical items, and special requirements, or other “flow downs” applicable to the subcontracted activity.
- Periodically check the condition of any production equipment or tooling used on aerospace parts while the equipment or tooling is in storage and exercise proper controls over inactive equipment/tooling being stored
- Accommodate reasonable requests by Aztec Plastic or customer representatives for whom you supply product and/or other regulatory authorities’ access to your facilities and product-related records.
- Adhere to export/import requirements per as ITAR and related Export Laws and Regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), including Security Requirements. Details available from Aztec upon request.
- Ensure that personnel involved with Aztec product are aware of their contribution to product/service conformity, product safety, and the importance of ethical behavior.
Original Issue: 5/14/2015
Revised date: 3/30/18: To clarify that flow downs apply to subcontracted activities and the importance of conformity, product safety, and ethical behavior.
Revised 1/11/2019: to specifically spell out the requirement to prevent the use of counterfeit parts.